If you’ve got a product or service that your company manufacturers or supplies, then you’ve most certainly got sales, category and marketing teams.
With various tiers of management within business units, comes various levels of skills, knowledge and experience.
From a financial aspect comes a large bottom line cost.
Therefore, if that cost is not providing you with the expected ROI, then put simply, it is not allowing your business to be as effective as it could.
As the MD or CEO you are ultimately the key voice and vision for the successful delivery if your #business strategy, yet the success is underpinned (or not) by the rest of the channels in the company.
So are you really getting what you pay for?
The deliverables required will have been set out in your strategy for the year, but is everyone really on board?
With a selection of company measures in place,from kpi’s to 121 appraisals from channel heads, the optimum measure will be the success achieved against the goals set out in the strategy, ultimately if these are not being achieved then something is fundamentally wrong.
Audit & Assessment
Stormley consulting understand the importance of auditing your people and customers to make a full assessment of the key areas that require tuning.
- Are you receiving clear information reported back, or just the bits that they know will shine?
- What’s are the customers saying really about the end to end experience
- What’s the measure of performance across the individuals, not the departments?
- Are the channel directors empowering their teams and really supporting the strategy?
- What support is needed where and with who?
- What growth is being missed, yet available through untapped channels?
- Are 121 appraisals driving development in people and coaching them for growth, it simply ticking a box?
- What are the teams feelings and drivers?
- Working as a tight fluid unit, all joined up, entirely misaligned or just driven by their monthly salary cheque.
Considering using a consultant
So you are at full capacity with your sakes and marketing teams annual budget, yet not alk the people you pay are supporting that budget?
The fact is that maybe they could yet need to be heard, coached, mentored, empowered, but their current situation doesn’t provide this or allow it.
How many businesses have fantastic people, with fantastic talent, yet a line manager or director is not providing the level of support to extract and develop this..
How much of the focus is on the target v how much is on the people that deliver it?
Driving for key accounts and new channels of growth only works if the people who will support the accounts experience are confident in themselves, and possess the skills to deliver this.
If they are driven solely by a kpi then it’s numbers oriented selling.
If they are driven by opportunity and fresh challenges that they learn from, then it becomes culture sales driven as well.
Investing in time spent with a consultant offers an external impact that doesn’t detract from the strategy, but does put the team confident of achieving their goal.
Stormley consulting recognise the importance of understanding your goal, culture and development opportunities for your people.
Contact us for more information